Pico is looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-growing, mission-driven team. We believe that a strong democracy requires a robust Fourth Estate. That's why we're committed to building a sustainable revenue model for news media in the age of Facebook and Google. As the first PM to join our team, you should feel comfortable wearing many hats, unafraid to explore the codebase, working collaboratively with both fellow engineers and the company's founders, and adapting quickly to user feedback.
- Collaborate with the company founders on product strategy
- Serve as the customer advocate alongside the support team
- Prioritize new features and bug fixes with consideration for both customer needs and long-term company investments
- Own core products and features from ideation through launch
- Draw up detailed specifications for new features that are immediately actionable for engineers
- Learn new design and programming skills (or leverage existing ones!) when necessary to help the team launch a feature
- Communicate product developments to customers
- 3+ years of prior experience as a product manager working on software products
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills, especially when articulating complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience working on features that present myriad edge cases
- Experience working closely with engineers
- Familiarity with the principles of software data structures
- Experience documenting software bugs using pattern recognition and deductive reasoning
Bonus (experience with any of the following):
- Experience working on both consumer and enterprise software products
- Experience using Sketch or similar vector illustration applications to design user interfaces
- Experience writing SQL queries
To apply for this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Interview Process
We look forward to learning as much as we can about your skills and interests, but we also aim to be respectful of your time. Below are the 3 steps to joining the Pico team:
- Email your resume (and portfolio, if applicable) to email@example.com, and someone at Pico will review it within one week. If we are interested in learning more, you will be asked to make time for a 30-minute phone call with a founder of the company.
- Following your phone interview, you will be asked to complete a take-home assignment at your earliest convenience. We recommend setting aside 2 hours to complete the assignment.
- Once you submit your work for the take-home assignment, the entire team at Pico will review and discuss it together within one week. If your work is well-received by the team, you will be invited to come to our office for an on-site interview, which consists of 2 parts over the course of approximately 1 hour: (1) discussing your work on the take-home assignment with the team and (2) chatting once more with a founder of the company. If everyone at Pico is enthusiastic about having you join the team, you can expect to receive a job offer within 1-2 weeks of your on-site interview.