Customer Operations Manager
Pico is looking for a Customer Operations Manager to join our fast-growing, mission-driven team. We believe that a strong democracy requires a robust Fourth Estate. That's why we're committed to building a sustainable revenue model for news media in the age of Facebook and Google. You will be speaking with users directly, analyzing data, and working closely with the founders and Product team to further improve the experience around every pillar of the customer journey: (1) discovering Pico for the first time, (2) setting up an account, and (3) growing a business using Pico's tools and services.
This role is perfect for someone who is interested in a wide variety of tasks. Some days, your role will lean heavily on written communication, from being at the front line of technical support to writing help documentation and email drip campaigns. Some days, your schedule may be filled with calls, as you onboard new customers to the platform. Other days, you may be focused on logistics, like managing community events for customers and partners or coordinating the migration of a customer's account from another platform to Pico.
- You have a growth mindset and are constantly improving at all the duties you take on
- You think of critical feedback as a mechanism to help you improve
- Deeply interested in early stage startups and how they grow
- An empathetic listener who tends to advocate for others
- An excellent writer
- Quick to learn the ins and outs of software products (you're often the go-to technology troubleshooter in your family or circle of friends)
- An avid do-er: when you commit to something, you accomplish it
- Curious to experiment and OK with failures that may result
- You thrive in environments that have deeply vague and undefined problems
- Give Pico customers best-in-class support by responding promptly to questions, working with the Product team to prioritize fixes, and occasionally resolving issues on your own
- Onboard new customers to Pico with VIP treatment
- Coordinate engineering resources and external parties to migrate new customers who are coming to Pico from a different payments platform
- Grow the community around Pico and The Byline by managing a discussion forum and engaging with individuals on social media
- Communicate regularly with customers to learn what they like about Pico and what they need from us to become more successful
- Share learnings from Pico's most successful customers with our other customers
- Help define Pico’s ideal customer profile and build lists of prospects (you’ll have help)
- Write copy for email sequences based on a sales lead’s status on Pico
- Participate in sales calls when appropriate
To apply for this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.